Mediums & Messages. A two week project.
Our final intervention. We decided to go sort of opposite in the direction that we had been during the previous intervention. We thought that it would be interesting to see what people would write on Facebook if it was totally private and not even their friends could see what they had wrote.
We created a box that people could post there status’s in that would be private. We left a box, some blanks status’s and a pen. When we visited the box the next day it was really full. However someone knicked the pen…
We did open up the box to see what people felt the need to write a status about. Some were silly but generally they were quite interesting.
We selected images from all the interventions we done as we felt for the crit that we needed some printed work to show, to make it easier for people to comment on all 14 interventions.
**spelt security wrong – rushed it!**
We created this book at in the computer suite at uni first of all, saved it. Then realised that you can’t open CS5.5 files in CS5. Therefor we had to do it again, Thats why it looks rushed and includes spelling mistakes.
During the crit we received reasonable feedback. None of the comments were particularly bad. Most people wrote about which piece they favoured which suggests that in this project that there had to be multiple outcomes as you can’t please everyone so more than one outcome is needed.
On reflection of the entire project I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed creating a high turn over of work in a short amount of time, it really helped me push myself as I had no choice but to create work as if I never then I couldn’t progress. I also liked working in a group, it is really beneficial to have someone to bounce ideas off of. I do feel though that I have had enough of this project and do not with to currently push it any further. Perhaps sometime in the future I may revisit it and work on some of the feedback given.